Day Camp Info
- Each day you may drop off your child between 8:40 and 9:00 AM and pick them up between 3:40 and 4:00 PM.
- Sunshine Campers drop off is between 8:40 and 9:00 AM, but pickup time is at 1:15.
- Boys wear shirts with their swimsuit, and girls wear their suits under shorts and shirts.
- Remember the requirements for swimsuits for girls just finishing the 4th grade and older. We ask that they wear a modest one piece swim suit or a Tankini which nearly touches at the midriff. In fact, Tankinis are a good choice for all of the girls, as it makes bathroom time much easier.
- Campers should wear comfortable closed-toe shoes. Socks tend to get hopelessly dirty or get lost very easily, so any closed-toe shoe that does not require socks will work best.
- Campers need to bring a towel and a lunch with extra drinks in a small cooler. Please mark everything with your child’s name.
- If your child needs to have sunscreen, please choose a long-lasting brand and put it on them just before they arrive at CT. Put some extra in their backpack and show them how to reapply it before the second swim in the afternoon.
- If your child is very young and unable to reapply it themselves, then send a spray sunscreen of your choice in their backpack. The counselor will spray them just before the afternoon swim.
- If your child sunburns easily, it is also a very good idea to ask them to wear their T-shirt even during swim time. If you would like for the counselor to spray afternoon sunscreen or to require your child to keep his/her shirt on, please indicate that on the required Medical Form you fill out as part of the registration process.
- Extra Money – Any purchases at the snack shop must be made with fees prepaid by the parents for the campers. We do not accept money at the Snack Shop. We also do NOT accept money from campers to add to prepay deposits. Only adults may make deposits.
- Electronic Equipment – Campers should not bring any electronic equipment (video games, cell phones,tablets, etc.)
Lost & Found
- All items your child brings should be marked with your child’s name, especially swimming items.
- If a lost and found item has a child’s name on it, we return it to the counselor each day. If it does not have a name on it, it is placed in the Lost and Found area. Campers are shown found items each day to give them a chance to claim them.
- It is impossible for us to look through the items for you after your week of camp. However, if you would like to come to camp and search for the item yourself, we will be glad to direct you to the Lost and Found area.
If you do not prepaid for snacks during registration, you may do so at anytime online through your Parent Dashboard.
You may also make deposits at camp before or during your camp week or on mornings during the camp week. If you would like to pay at camp, you will need to park and go to the snack shop near Broom-tree (behind the bleachers).
There are no refunds on snack money if your child has money left over. All left over snack money is put into our camper scholarship fund.
If you register and purchase a T-shirt through registration by April 30th, we will send you an email invitation to participate in T-Shirt Celebration Week, May 9-12, 3PM to 7PM. During that week, you’ll get a chance to view the new styles for the 2017 season, and you’ll be able to pick up prepaid shirts for you or any of your friends who have prepaid for shirts. You’ll also receive a rain-check for any style or size we run out of during the celebration week.
Beginning May 1st, T-Shirts will be available to order thru our Online Store. Those shirts will be mailed to you for an additional $5 mail fee. Plan on at least 3 weeks before you will receive mailed shirts.
If you do not prepay or order online, you can also purchase shirts at camp beginning the afternoon of Open House, June 3rd from 12:30PM to 4PM, or any day that summer camp is in session.
*Note* Not all sizes/styles may be available later on in the summer so its best to prepay or purchase early in the summer season!
You will receive a free CT Memories photo package. It contains two 4 x 6 photos (group and individual) mounted in a souvenir folder. Counselors will give these folders to the parents at pickup time on Friday.
- If your child is not present on the day we take photos of your group (either Monday or Tuesday), we will not be able to take retakes of the group, but we will try to take one of your camper and his counselor, so the package you receive will be the individual photo and the group photo (without your camper).
- We also take photos of the campers in their activities. We try to include as many of these as possible on the bio page of your camper’s counselor.
- Your child’s Counselor Bio Page is the one-stop shop to find out things about your child’s group including that week’s group schedule, the Bible verse, and any photos taken of campers in your camper’s group.
Special Grouping Requests
The Camp Thurman staff wants to place your child in a group which will make his/her experience here as joyful as possible, so be assured that we will do our very best to fulfill your requests.
We group by grade. Regardless of the actual school connection, all 4-year olds should be registered as Pre-K, and all 5-year olds should be registered as Kinder to be sure that we are able to place them in their appropriate camps and groups.
If you made a request on your registration form for your child to be in a group with someone, please understand that that person must:
- be of the same sex
- be no more than one grade apart
- be registered and confirmed for the same week as your camper.
With over 6000 registrations, it is impossible for us to inform you if these requirements are not met. Please check with the groupmate(s) of your child to see if they are indeed in your same week.
Once the week is full, groups are formed with requests in mind. Once these groups are formed, it is very difficult for us to change a camper from one group to another. Please do not ask to change groups when you arrive on Monday morning of camp week.
Check with us at least 3 weeks before your camp date if you want to confirm a specific group-mate.
Counselor and Group Assignments
- You will receive an Information Email the week before your camp starts, including the name and contact info for your camper.
- On Thursday the counselor will call to see if you have any questions.
- If for some reason your child’s counselor does not reach you, on Monday morning please bring your camper to the office, and one of the staff will be able to tell you who the counselor is and where to find them.