Drop-Off & Pick-Up Times
You may drop off your camper each day between 2:45 and 3:10 each day
- Gates will not open until 2:45pm as our staff will be preparing for your campers arrival until then.
- Pick-up time is 9:45pm.
- Both drop-off and pick-up will be through the Camp Thurman gates on Smith Barry Road, located at 3100 Smith Barry Road, Pantego, TX 76013.
Late Arrival & Early Pick-Up
Parents must sign in/out campers that are arriving late or leaving early. This means you must park and come into the Night Camp Office. If you know that your camper will be leaving early, please let their counselor as well as the camp office know in advance so that the pick-up process will be effortless.
- Boys wear swimsuits and their t-shirt.
- Girls should wear their swimsuit with shorts and shirt over it.
- Girls that have finished 4th grade or higher are required to wear a tankini-style or one piece bathing suit.
- All campers must wear closed-toe shoes.
If you have prepaid for snacks, you’ll see that amount listed on your information email you receive the week before camp or by viewing/downloading your statement on the Parent Dashboard. The snack shop will keep up with how much money each camper has left to spend during the camp week.
If you have not prepaid for snacks
The campers come to the snack shop each day as a group. It is one of their favorite activities. If you have not yet paid for snacks but wish to, you can still go online to your Parent Dashboard to prepay for snacks. We do not accept money from campers. Only adults may make deposits, and we do not accept cash at the snack shops, so please do not send money with your camper.
If you have not yet picked up a prepaid T-shirt or would like to purchase one, parents may park & do so in the Night Camp office during drop-off. All available sizes and styles will be available for viewing. All merchandise can also be viewed online on our online store.
What to Bring
- Packed meal for dinner each night, including something cold to drink (like water or gatorade)
- Towel for swimming
- Bug spray and sunscreen are recommended
You may want all of these items in a drawstring bag or backpack.
What Not to Bring
Cell phones, iPods, money, or electronic games. Camp Thurman is not responsible for lost or damaged electronics.
If your camper needs to take medication during the time they are here, the parent will to give it—along with the required form—to the First Aid attendant during drop-off. Forms can be found within the Forms tab on the Parent page of the website.
Medication must be brought in the original bottle and checked in by the parent in order for it to be administered.
Do not put in the camper’s backpack or give it to the counselor.
If you need to reach the Night Camp Office during your camper’s week, please call the main office at (817) 274-8441 and press 3 to be transferred to the appropriate person or call directly at (817) 286-2021.